Join the Clare and Gladwin counties for the Bowl For Kids’ Sake fundraiser this spring! The Clare/Gladwin BFKS event is being held on either:
-Saturday April 11th from 3pm -5pm or 6pm-8pm at Gateway Lanes in Clare
-Saturday April 11th from 3pm-5pm or 6pm-8pm at SnowBird Lanes in Harrison.
Bowl for Kid’s Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters’ signature fundraiser, with local agencies raising local dollars for local programs . It’s about having fun while helping kids continue on the right path. You can start something in your community by supporting your local Bowl for Kids Sake.
More bigs and littles can be paired up, more friendships can be gained, and improved outlooks on life can be started. Sign up today with your friends and family. Be a fundraiser. Be a donor. Be a bowler.
How can I get involved?
Step 1: Register your team! Fill out our donor form and create a fundraising page on First Giving. Steps to create a fundraising page on First Giving:
- Go to the Bowl For Kids’ Sake event page
- Click “Join Now” to either register yourself (1 person) or multiple team members, which will lead you through the following steps:
- Create a First Giving account if you are new to the site
- State that you are registering yourself or someone else
- Search for/create a team to join
- Create your page by adding your story and your donation goal
- Submit your page and explore your page to begin fundraising!
Step 2: Set a team fundraising goal- AIM HIGH! Get $100 in donations and be entered into the drawings for prizes.
Step 3: Recruit 4 people to join your team. It could be friends, family, or co-workers. You’ve set an ambitious goal, so choose people who will help you exceed it!!
Step 4: Motivate your team to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Share information about the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters on your community
- Keep your team informed about incentive prizes, rules, games, contests, etc
- Communicate their success (example….Katie just got a $50 donation! Joel has already exceeded his goal of $200! Our team just surpassed the $1,000 mark!)